We are looking for an experienced, creative and entrepreneurial plant area manager to join our growing plant team at Sussex Country Gardener.
Our plant team dedicate themselves to providing our customers with the very best customer service, product quality and an aspirational shopping experience through creating stunning visual displays. They work hard to ensure stock availability; high standards of plant care and quality are always maintained.
As Plant Area Manager you will be responsible for Managing and leading your team to achieve all these essential activities and provide a truly unique and memorable shopping experience. You will also have a responsibility for driving sales and profitability – so you will have a real sense of empowerment.
The position is full time and will include working alternate weekends with a day off in the week.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Experience of working in a garden centre and a qualification in horticulture.
· Have excellent knowledge of plants, plant care and maintenance.
· Have a creative and entrepreneurial attitude towards plant retailing.
· Ability to use an EPOS system.
· Be meticulous to the detail in terms of product placement, standards, presentation and overall look and feel of the plant area.
· Experience in maintaining and monitoring health and safety in accordance with company policies.
· The ability to manage and develop a team.
· Have a flexible approach to duties undertaken.
· Effective communication and organisational skills
Salary: Depending on experience.
Hours of work: Full time, alternate weekends with one weekday off each week.
Entitlement: 28 days including Public and Bank Holidays
Closing Date: April 21st 2021
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to:- email@example.com